DPL TELEPHONE LINE ANALYZER II
The DPL Telephone Line-Analyzer II is the newest device in our arsenal of counter-surveillance measures. While there is currently no way to determine if there is a phone tap further up the line or from the phone company, Using the DPL Telephone Line Analyzer II, you can check your phone line for on-premises series and parallel bugs and wiretaps. You can also check your telephone for the most common types of hook switch bypasses.
A hook switch bypass is a modification to the telephone instrument so that the carbon microphone (transmitter) or dynamic earphone (receiver) will pick up room sounds and pass them down the phone line to a listening post, even with the phone hung up. This effectively turns the telephone into a room monitor.
DPL Telephone Line Analyzer II detects series devices with a resistance of 61 ohms or more. (Most series taps have a resistance of over 100 ohms.) It also detects parallel devices with a resistance of 65 mega-ohms or less. (Most parallel taps are under 30 meg-ohms.) It can also detect certain capacitively coupled taps.
It weighs 7 oz. and is furnished in a high impact case that measures 4.25″ x 3.25″ x 1.5″. The unit comes complete with all the necessary plugs, cords, and adapters, as well as a battery and an informative, illustrated instruction manual, so you can start looking for taps immediately.
Size: 4.25″ x 3.25″ x 1.5″
Power: 9V Battery
Weight: 7 oz (9 oz With Battery Installed)
Series Tap Sensitivity: 61 ohms or Greater
Parallel Tap Sensitivity: 65 Mega-ohms or Less
* 1 x DPL Telephone Line Analyzer II
* 1 x 9V Battery
* 1 x RJ12 Male To Male Adapter
* 1 x RJ12 To Clip Connector
* 1 x Alligator Clip
Please Note The Following:
* This Device Is Not Guaranteed To Detect All Taps
* This Device Cannot Detect Taps Installed By The Phone Company Via Court Order Or Any Other Legally Installed Surveillance
* You Must Disconnect Your Phone System From The Phone Line Coming In To Your Home Or Business Before You Use This Device. You Will Not See Accurate Results If Your Phone System Is Still Connected.
* This Device Is Intended For Analog Phone Systems, Not Multiline, Digital, Or Voip Systems.
* Do Not Leave This Device Permanently Attached To Your Phone System.