EVD3500 HAND-HELD EXPLOSIVES DETECTOR
DETECTION PRINCIPLE Luminal Chemiluminescence’s – Disposable cartridge
NO RADIOACTIVITY No radioactive source, and no licensing or radioactive calibration applicable.
DETECTABLE COMPOUNDS Most military (including plastic) and commercially available explosives,
C4,TNT, Nitroglycerin, Dynamite, PETM, Semtex, RDX, HMX, ANFO, ICAO
Tangents, (DMNB, EGDN, o-MNT, p-MNT), Urea nitrate, and TATP
SAMPLING CAPABILITIES Vapors and particulates – Dual Mode
TYPICAL SAMPLE/ANALYSIS TIME Sample: 5-30 seconds (user selectable based on application)
Analysis: within 15 seconds
INITIAL WARM-UP TIME 30 seconds
CARRIER GAS None required (ambient air)
CONTROLS Power switch
BATTERY LIFE: 3Hrs. Per Charge
Automatic Vapor/Particulate selector
Volume control (with optional earphone)
OPERATIONAL STATUS INDICATORS LED indicator lights
4 x 20 Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
DATA STORAGE + COMMUNICATIONS 1000 retrievable data records
RS-232 serial output port for remote control and monitoring
POWER SUPPLY 12 volt DC rechargeable battery pack
External battery pack
12 volt AC adapter
OPERATING + STORAGE TEMPERATURES Operating: 0*C to +55C (+32F to +131F)
Storage: 0 C to +65C (+32F to +149F)
WEIGHT + DIMENSIONS Unit weight: 3 kg (6.6 lbs.) in ABS engineered plastic shielded case
Unit Dimensions (LxWxH): 51x14x11 cm / 20×5.5×4.3″
Shipping weight: 12 kg (26 lbs.) in steel-reinforced, foam-padded, protective carrying case
One year return to manufacturer
FACT SHEET: EVD3500 HAND-HELD EXPLOSIVES DETECTOR
The EVD3500 looks for solvent based as well nitro based explosives (90% of explosives are nitrogen oxide based NO2). The new “Designer bombs” frequently are solvent based i.e., acetone, peroxide etc. The EVD3500 catches them all. The technology for the “detection principle” is Chemiluminescence’s historically the most proven detection method but only used in labs in machines that cost $400K and are huge and do not go in the field. They are considered scientific testing and analytical equipment. We have the only patent on this tech in field hand-held units— This is incredible! It’s the best solution available in a portable device by a HUGE margin! The competition can NOT come close to it. It is more selective and sensitive than the EVD and ALL other handhelds.
There are far fewer “false positives” from inaccurate detection of non explosives (false alarms). It has very advanced software that makes it very easy to operate. It is quite robust and field worthy. Lasts a lot longer in the field prior to maintenance. Cleans and clears itself after contamination by a rich explosive.
The main thing is there is no other device (handheld) that can detect near the variety of explosives the EVD3500 can.
It also does not use any external carrier gas or radioactive source (unlike others). If portability, quick detection and clear, accurate results are crucial, then this is the explosives detector needed. The EVD3500 offers extremely fast and stable detection with very high selectivity for explosives and immunity to humidity or contamination problems. The EVD3500 detects traces of particulates and vapors, allowing for noninvasive searches of luggage, mail, vehicles, documents and containers.
Operating the EVD3500 :
The EVD3500 is flexible and easy to operate, offering both vapor and particulate sampling without the use of an external carrier gas or radioactive source. Vapors are sampled directly via the sampling nozzle. Particulates are sampled by swiping a suspected object with a cotton glove or other means and transferring any traces to the unit. This dual capability enables users to select the most suitable method of sampling for the explosives of interest. The EVD3500 starts processing samples immediately and gives results in just seconds. All results are indicated on the LCD graphical and numerical display.
* Fast and Proven: The EVD3500 has proven to be capable of detecting plastic and high vapor pressure explosives rapidly-giving clear results you can trust. Luminal Chemiluminescence’s is an ASTMEPA standard method for atmospheric monitoring of nitrogen dioxide.
* Sensitive and Selective: The EVD3500 can detect minute traces (low anagram level) of C-4, TNT, Dynamite, PETN, Semtex, EGDN,DMNB, RDX, ANFO, Ammonium Nitrate, Urea Nitrate, Nitroglycerine and TATP, with low false alarm levels and few interferon’s. Immune to variations in humidity and environmental conditions.
* Portable: The EVD3500 is self contained, lightweight, less than 3 kg (6.6 lbs), and comes in a fully equipped, rugged carrying case -ready to use when and where needed.
* No Radioactive Isotopes or Radioactivity
* Easy to Use: The EVD3500 is ready for operation within thirty seconds from turn on. When necessary, any minimal cleaning takes only a few seconds. The simple push of a button automatically activates the sampling and analysis mode. Results are displayed on an easy-to-read LCD making the EVD3500 ideal for all non-technical personnel. ICAO tangents and tagged plastic explosives.
Portable Advanced Explosives Detector
* Police & Bomb Squads
* Border Crossings
* Military Defense
* Seaports and Containerships
* Field or Forensic Use
The EVD3500 is ideal for:
* Nuclear Facilities
* Embassies or Consulates
* Courts of Law
* Postal Stations
* Corporate or VIP Headquarters
* Federal buildings
* Railway, Bus and Subway Terminals
* Special Events, Leases, Rentals